Error Reading OID

01-18-2019 01:01 PM
SamuelPerez1
New Contributor III

Hello,

Today I made the upgrade from ArcGIS 10.4.1 to ArcGIS 10.6.1, and when I went to open the mxd. which I use to edit and maintain our ParcelFabric, I receive an error (attached screenshot) that states: "Error reading OID from table. Reading rows has been stopped. Check that the datasource  is valid. Unexpected operatin [ParcelFabric]. There is no tracking Analyst license currently available." I'm not really sure what to make of this. Any and all information regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CurtisDeVault
Occasional Contributor

Do you have any update to report? We experienced something similar. Could not load data from the data source followed by no tracking analyst license available.

0 Kudos
SamuelPerez1
New Contributor III

Hi Curtis,

I actually ended up opening an ESRI Help Desk ticket regarding this issue. They've been conducting a meticulous and thorough audit of our parcel fabric database and suspect that this issue is being caused by a corrupt record in the data set. They are currently checking our master fabric against our backup fabric to see if they can pin point the corruption. I'll be sure to post an update once I receive one. 

Prior to the audit, they had me check to make sure I had the proper licensing for the Tracking Analyst extension, and that it was enabled. 

CurtisDeVault
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately ours is on a standard feature class not a parcel fabric. I'm wondering though if there is something corrupt in it that's making ArcMap confused and throwing the Tracking Analyst error too...sounds like what you're experiencing too. Thanks again for the reply.

0 Kudos
JAMES_LINDE
New Contributor

The message I received was "Error reading OID from table. Reading rows has stopped. Check that the datasource is valid. General function failure.

SOLUTION: Turns out that I had blanks in the Header/Field names, once removed all was okay.

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos