Conecting Payment to Software

Jump to solution
08-02-2016 10:23 PM
EthanHill
New Contributor

I have been availing my self the 60 days free trial and decided to purchase a ArcGis Personal Use Licence.

How do I get  Arc Pro to understand that I have purchased this licence, as it tells me when I log in I have only a few days left.

I have also  been using ArcGis  OnLine and do not realy wish to have my files made public at this point.

Can some kind person point me in the direction I need to go.

Stuart

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Stuart,

Please contact Esri Customer Service or your local Esri Distributor,

Contact Us | Esri About

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DerekLaw

Hi Stuart,

Please contact Esri Customer Service or your local Esri Distributor,

Contact Us | Esri About

Hope this helps,

EthanHill
New Contributor

Hi

Would be the ideal thing but as I am at work during the day when the help line is open and the software is on the Home Office machine it becomes a bit harder.

My thoughts were if Esri were monitoring  this that somebody may step in and point me in the correct direction.I can not even open a Case to send a help request.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

My guess is you have already purchased the software  ArcGIS for Personal Use Program | ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced for Personal Use

Esri Online Store - ArcGIS for Personal Use

at that point, you should have received an email that includes a customer number. You should be able to login to myesri (see if there is a link in the pull down, by you name in the upper right hand corner when logged into geonet...assuming you are using the same account) to activate the software  see ArcGIS for Home Use now: Personal Use  for some tips from another user.

Pro would be allocated thru the online account associated with the personal use account.  you may need to transfer anything you have from you other online account to the new one.  There are many tools (will edit with link in a couple minutes)that will help in transferring items.  Tools · Esri/ago-admin-wiki Wiki · GitHub   Many options are listed in that link

for contacting tech support if needed, you can use the chat or submit a ticket via email. That May give you a little more flexibility.

DerekLaw

Hi Ethan,

Please send an email to contact Esri Customer Service - there is a link from the page reference I posted earlier.

Hope this helps,

Jesswade
New Contributor

This is strange; the subscription you get as a student (which is now the same as a personal yearly plan) should include everything. If you can't find a download for ArcMap, I'd contact ESRI's customer service. It's useful to have both installed, but it's not required, especially if you don't have a preference for how some ideas work in ArcMap vs pro. In any case, the larger potential issue is not having access to licenses for extensions such as spatial analyst if you did not receive everything.

In terms of training, ESRI has some excellent tutorials. The simplest way to find them is to Google them - their "getting started with arc pro" page is very helpful and straightforward. I believe they have other recommended tutorials listed with the getting started stuff after that.

0 Kudos