Topographic North Arrow: Change Size

06-26-2021 07:19 PM
Rowan
by
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am doing some work creating a template that uses the Topographic North Arrow.

One issue that I'm having is modifying the size.

I can modify everything else that I need without converting it to graphics except the size.

Can we please add this capability?

Or if there is a way of doing it already please let me know:

Re: Topographic North Arrow: Change Size - Esri Community 

Thanks,

Rowan

5 Comments
Bo_King
Status changed to: In Product Plan

Hi Rowan

Thanks for your idea.  We are already planning to allow resizing of  the Topo elements in an upcoming release.  Currently the elements insert at the sizes defined in the related map specifications.   We will add a note to the documentation to clarify this functionality.  

Cheers,

Bo 

Rowan
by

Thanks Bo, appreciate the update. I look forward to it.

Bo_King

Hi Rowan

We've added a note to the documentation to clarify this functionality for all of our mil-spec elements.  You should see the doc updates when the help is published for the 2.9 release.

Cheers,

Bo 

DanHopkins

Hi Rowan,

My name is Dan. I work with Bo King.

You will be able to resize the TM, ICM, and Topo North arrows at ArcGIS Pro 3.2.

On the Element pane, on the Options tab, you will see a check box called Draw to specification. When not enabled, you will be able to resize the element.

Regards,

Dan

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

This Idea has been implemented in ArcGIS Pro 3.2. Please see the What's New documentation for more new features in Pro 3.2.

The Your Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 3.2 blog and video have been posted to the Esri Community blog. You can take a look at these to see your idea and all others that were implemented in this release of ArcGIS Pro.