Positional Accuracy Assessment tool in PRO?

Jump to solution
11-11-2022 04:10 AM
Nicolas_GREHANT_IGNFI
New Contributor III

Hi Jay and all.

We are looking for the ArcMap "Positional Accuracy Assessment" tool in ArcGIS PRO: does it exist somewhere, or is there a new way to reach the same result?

Here in Colombian Mapping Agency (IGAC Bogota) it is highly used for orthoimage control and validation, and so the team does not want to shift from ArcMap to PRO without solution.

We are currently conducting a review of what is where from ArcMap to PRO as they widely use Data Reviewer.

TKS

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicolas_GREHANT_IGNFI
New Contributor III

Thanks Jay, yes I saw that yesterday. I suppose that we will have to wait until Summer or Christmas 2023 to have it operational for production.

NB: we hope that this will work as in ArcMap, meaning without having to modify our GDB structure (without Global ID and Editor Tracking which are compulsory now with Attribute Rules).

Best regards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JayCary
Esri Contributor

There are currently no plans for implementing the Positional Accuracy Assessment Tool (PAAT) in ArcGIS Pro as it was a rarely-used tool in ArcMap.

If this tool is critical to your workflow I would suggest creating an idea in the Data Reviewer Ideas place (https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-data-reviewer-ideas/idb-p/arcgis-data-reviewer-ideas) to identify how your organization has been using this tool in ArcMap.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Nicolas_GREHANT_IGNFI
New Contributor III

Thanks Jay. We are going to see that with the Colombian Mapping Agency. Best regards

0 Kudos
Nicolas_GREHANT_IGNFI
New Contributor III

Could you please also confirm what exists or not in PRO from the ArcMap Data Reviewer toolbar:

Nicolas_GREHANT_IGNFI_0-1668768061313.png

• "Create Polygon Grid Wizard" : replaced by "Create Fishnet" geoprocessing I suppose.
  • "Total Feature Count" : anything to get the same quick result including export to CSV (except scripting it)?

And for all "Select Data Check"? compulsory now to implement them as Attribute Rules meaning adding Global ID and Editor Tracking (which modify our GDB data structure)?

That was very convenient in ArcMap to use them without creating cGlobal ID and Editor Tracking fields, and to be able to browse them when needed.

Nicolas_GREHANT_IGNFI_1-1668768492828.png  

Nicolas_GREHANT_IGNFI_2-1668768807883.png 

Nicolas_GREHANT_IGNFI_3-1668768883212.png

Thanks.

0 Kudos
JayCary
Esri Contributor

@Nicolas_GREHANT_IGNFI 

The ability to interactively configure and execute a Data Reviewer check is on the product roadmap.  The current goal is to have an initial release of this capability in the near-term (although that is subject to change). The product roadmap is also a good resource to discover features/capabilities planned for future releases.

0 Kudos
Nicolas_GREHANT_IGNFI
New Contributor III

Thanks Jay, yes I saw that yesterday. I suppose that we will have to wait until Summer or Christmas 2023 to have it operational for production.

NB: we hope that this will work as in ArcMap, meaning without having to modify our GDB structure (without Global ID and Editor Tracking which are compulsory now with Attribute Rules).

Best regards.

0 Kudos