Data Reviewer: Error Opening Batch File ArcMap

12-14-2022 09:26 AM
NicoleV
New Contributor II

When attempting to open a batch file for editing I am getting the error "Error Opening Batch File(s): There was an error reading the batch file(s)"

It is basically the same issue that is detailed in this post: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-data-reviewer-questions/error-opening-batch-file-s-there-was-an...

However, even after reading through the comments I am still unable to open the batch file for editing. I uninstalled and re-installed Data Reviewer and that did not fix it. I had my manager open the file on their computer to test if it was just my machine and they got the same error. There was no Data Reviewer Error Report that one of the commenters said they had found.

I created the file early last week and everything was working fine up to Friday which is when I was last able to edit it. Once I opened it this week it was giving me the error. Both ArcMap and Data Reviewer are the same version so not a software issue I don't believe. The file is in a shared folder if that makes any difference.

There are varying checks used in the batch file including composite, duplicate geometry, invalid geometry, unique ids, sql checks, valency, etc.

Does anyone have any insight to why this issue may be occurring and have come across other solutions besides the ones in the mentioned post? I could recreate the batch file but really want to understand the issue and how to avoid in the future as I will be making many batch files for my organization.

Thank you in advance,

Nicole

0 Kudos
0 Replies