Copy a dashboard and point to a different source

Jump to solution
07-26-2021 05:23 PM
JulietK
Occasional Contributor II

Hi I've read that it's possible to duplicate a dashboard by using 'view an item's JSON' on AGOL assistant and replacing the code under the 'Data' section. 

I would like to duplicate an existing dashboard and change the source layer to a different map, without losing all the configurations like filters, colours and actions between charts. 

How do I edit the JSON to point to the new map layer as the data source? I've had a look at the JSON code but there aren't any specific sections that stand out to me as being editable to point to a different map. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @JulietK ,

Search for the word mapWidget.  Within this section, replace the itemId with the item id of the new web map.  I've had success with this, but not always.

JakeSkinner_0-1627346256994.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @JulietK ,

Search for the word mapWidget.  Within this section, replace the itemId with the item id of the new web map.  I've had success with this, but not always.

JakeSkinner_0-1627346256994.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
JulietK
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Jake, excellent thank you for that! 🙂

I've just had another similar query come up - I have a hosted feature layer which was automatically created when I published my survey, then I have a number of hosted feature view layers that were created from the main feature layer. I am having to republish the survey due to a fieldtype error (fieldtype was set to date erroneously, but should be integer), which will delete the main feature layer. Is there a way for me to do this, then alter a section in the JSON of the existing hosted feature view layers to point to the newly published hosted feature layer? 

Thank you again

0 Kudos