Word Cloud for Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS

12-18-2018 09:42 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Similar to the word cloud functionality in survey123, it would be extremely useful to have the ability to insert a word cloud and be able to exclude generic words. I'd personally use this to judge sentiment of free text comments from a survey being visualised in Ops Dashboard.

Ian

8 Comments
NickDierks1

This is a pretty interesting idea. Even moreso if your dashboard is setup with category or time filters--gives you your own makeshift "Trending" widget! I like it.

The ability to filter out generic words is key, and would be even better if that filter could be customized (in case your data makes certain words more common but you're not interested in adding them to the cloud, such as "species" or "customer" or whatever).

patrickb
Status changed to: Under Consideration

BrittanyBurson

Yes please! Would be extra cool if the word cloud would filter based on changes made in the Dashboard, like the other widgets. 

I'm working on a set of apps surrounding Poetry, and it would be very cool to view the different word clouds based on different regions of our city. Same with citizen 311 reports, etc. Thank you!

UğurBaranSarıbaş

This would be awesome! Can't wait for this to be developed.

erica_poisson

It would be nice to generate a word cloud in a Dashboard. Specifically I would be interested in having the flexibility to do this for a text field (free text), "select one" or "select multiple" (and have the ability to parse commas - even using Arcade to do this would be fine). 

BrandonA_CDPH

I would also like to see this. I have a dashboard of product recalls. It would be great to use this to visualize which suppliers have the most issues.

SaWaRise

Adding word clouds would be a great way to incorporate text submissions on a dashboard like can be viewed on Survey123.  If people take the time to type submissions it should have a way to be summarized.  Hope to see this as an option soon.  

SusanMathai

This feature is a MUST HAVE in Dashboard. Can't wait to see this happen.