Trouble Making Field Maps Communicate Directly with ArcGIS Pro

02-16-2023 10:39 AM
John1kelly
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I am trying to set up a map where a Field Maps form would send data from a layer directly to an ArcGIS Pro map.  The goal of the map is to have field workers record points in the field and they would populate onto a centralized map. 

So far, I have made a web map and a web hosted feature layer on Pro that I then made a form out of on Field Maps.  Once I collect a few points, the data shows up on map viewer on ArcGIS Online, but not on my original map that I had shared as a web map.  I can download a map from ArcGIS Online that is populated with data points from Field Maps, but it is a separate map and lacks the changes in visualization that I had done to my original.  I would also like to not have to download from ArcGIS Online every time I wanted to see my map.

What are my next steps to achieve this?  Is this possible?  Do I need to look into creating an ArcGIS server?

Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

Does it work if you set the layer to refresh automatically?

JohannesLindner_0-1676573640540.png

Have a great day!
Johannes
John1kelly
New Contributor II

I have tried that, and it seems that the map I download from ArcGIS Online updates every 5 minutes.  But, the original map that I shared as a web map does not, even if I have.  

Have a good one, and thanks,

John

0 Kudos