Signing into Collector

07-26-2018 02:29 PM
mudhutstudios_
New Contributor

I used my Google credentials when I created my ArcGIS Online account.  I understand that there is a reason we can't use Google credentials to sign in through Collector (Explorer works fine, btw).  That's fine.  My issue is that Collector won't take my Google username and password.  Thinking that I may have used an incorrect password, I clicked on "forgot Password" and the email I received told me to use my Google account.  Is there a way that I can use Collector?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

When you sign into Collector do you get an error in orange saying 'Public accounts are not supported'?

If not, what Role and Level are you in the ArcGIS Online account? Levels, roles, and privileges—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Carmel

0 Kudos
mudhutstudios_
New Contributor

Carmel,

I am not able to sign into Collector.  I think the following is actually a Google error message, but a follow-up email was sent to me from ESRI detailing the why's and wherefores of the issue.

403.  That's an error.

Error: disallowed_useragent

This user-agent is not permitted to make an OAuth authorization request to Google as it is classified as an embedded user-agent (also known as a web-view).  Per our policy, only browsers are permitted to make authorization requests to Google.  We offer several libraries and samples for native apps to perform authorization requests in the browser.

I have a Personal, (Level 2?) License.  Android OS

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Interesting - now when you say a Personal account, do you mean you've purchased a ArcGIS for Personal Use license: ArcGIS For Personal Use?

When you sign into ArcGIS Online: https://www.arcgis.com/home/signin.html , do you have an Organisation tab?:

If you do, can you navigate to Organisation > Settings > Security > Social Logins > Configure:

Is this option enabled or disabled?

If you don't have an Organisation tab, you've got an ArcGIS Online Public Account which has limited capabilities, such as not having access to Collector for ArcGIS.

Carmel

mudhutstudios_
New Contributor

Yes to ArcGIS for Personal Use license:

Yes to Organisation tab.

Yes to Configure social Logins for members which I did (although I don't have any members).

I just tried logging in again to collector from my phone and I still get the same lovely message from Google, Error: disallowed_useragent

Not sure this is a device based problem but I'm using a Samsung J-7 (Hardware Version J727V.02) with Android V 7.0 (Kernel 3.18.31)

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

I think the next step would be to contact your local Esri support team: Esri Support Contact Support  

They could investigate if there was an issue with your ArcGIS license or know of fix.

Carmel

0 Kudos
deleted-user-pfTY8D8nI1IC
New Contributor

Hi mudhutstudios .,

Did you have any luck with this? Unfortunately I also decided to use Google sign in and now it looks like I can't use Collector with it...

0 Kudos