Collector Map Layers Not Loading When out of State

06-14-2019 07:24 AM
AllisynHudson_Dunn
New Contributor II

Hello.

I have a GNSS collection project in the St. Louis, MO area. I am based in AL however so am often out of state while observing collection, or having to test new DB configurations. When I try and load my MO maps in Collector, I receive an error message that the "Layer loading timed out". I am new to Collector, is there a reason why I would not be able to view map layers while out of the state where the data exists? I have tried restarting, reloading the map, republishing the map service, etc..

Thank you, 

Allisyn

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Allisyn -- You should still be able to open the maps independent of GPS location. I'm guessing it actually has to do with something in the map itself. Are others that use the same map (and are in MO) able to open it successfully? In the app, are you seeing the map load and not show the data you expect, and show that message? If you go to the Layers list (use the overflow menu ... in the upper-right corner and pick Layers) what do you see there? Also, what version of Collector are you using, and what platform (Android, iOS, or Windows) are you working on?

Thanks!

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
AllisynHudson_Dunn
New Contributor II

Hi Kylie, 

Yes, the users in MO are able to open the map, see all the layers, collect, and edit data.  

For me, I can open the map and the basemap loads. The layers themselves never show up however. When I click on the overflow menu and select the Layers, it brings up the layers that should be viewable, but there is a red warning triangle with an exclamation point in the center, and under the layer name it says "Layer loading timed out". I have attached an image here showing this. 

Version and Platform: 

Collector for ArcGIS -- 19.0.1

iOS 12.3.1

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Allisyn -- Could you tap on the red triangle, tap Share Error, tap message (or e-mail, or any of the options that lets you view the text, as you'll just put the info here), then put that information here?

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
AllisynHudson_Dunn
New Contributor II

Here you go --

Domain: NSURLErrorDomain
Code: -1001
Description: The request timed out.
URL: https://gistemp.magnolia-river.com/arcgis/rest/services/MOAW/GISPubMOAWCollectorTest/FeatureServer/0...

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Allisyn -- Are you still having this issue with your maps? Apologies for my delay.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
DominicRoberge2
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I know it's an old post, but I am having the same issue as described above.... what could be the cause?

0 Kudos
AliAl_Ali
New Contributor

Hello everybody,

I am facing similarly the following error with my editable hosted layer in our Enterprise  (loading timed out) in Field Map as following error:

Domain: NSURLErrorDomain

Code: -1001

Description: The request timed out.

URL: https://domain.com.sa:6443/arcgis/rest/services/.............../FeatureServer?f=json

AliAl_Ali_0-1655294761859.jpegNote that we are using alternative domain for the outside accessibility.

We have other editable layers working fine in Field Map Version 22.2.1 Build 751 but this new layer is facing the above error?

Any Idea on how to solve this issue ?

Appreciate any help or advise regarding the topic?

Best Regards

Ali

0 Kudos
AliAl_Ali
New Contributor

Problem solved in my case by removing the port number from the URL and re-adding the layer to the web map without port number as we are using Https not Http.

0 Kudos