Cannot Connect to Trimble R2 from Trimble T10 Tablet

05-03-2018 03:05 PM
AndrewMilanes
Occasional Contributor II

I'm trying to connect to my Trimble R2 on my Trimble T10 Tablet running Windows 10.  I have GNSS status app installed and it sees the R2.  But when I select the R2 in Collector and hit Switch, it says connecting for a while then says connection failed.  I'm not sure what else to try.

13 Replies
LukeArnquist
New Contributor

I am having the same problem. I have verified that the R2 does, in fact, work. I've connected the same R2 unit to an iPad with Collector and it works fine.

0 Kudos
LukeArnquist
New Contributor

Likewise, I am able to connect a Bad Elf GPS PRO+ via Bluetooth to the T10 and connect it to Collector. So, the T10 and Collector are able to connect to an external GPS unit.

0 Kudos
AndrewMilanes
Occasional Contributor II

Here's how we were able to get it working:

1. Downgrade the firmware on the R2 to 5.22
  2. Get a high-accuracy NMEA output code from your Trimble rep for the R2
  3. Enable all of the NMEA output strings on the R2
AlisonWalker
Occasional Contributor

Rolling back the R2 to firmware 5.22 used to resolve this issue, but now that seems to not be working either.  I have confirmed that the High-Accuracy NMEA option is installed and have turned all NMEA strings on in GNSS Status, but on Windows 10 tablets, I continue to get the same issue where tapping Switch in Collector just does nothing.  Collector will not connect to the R2.

0 Kudos
Wright_CountySurveyor_Departme
New Contributor

I am having the same issue with a Mesa 2 tablet (Windows 10) and Trimble R2 Receiver.

Has anybody found any new workarounds or solutions?

0 Kudos
DavidForbuss1
Occasional Contributor III

So you're using collector on a Mesa 2 tablet?  We're looking into that as an option for an upcoming project, but we can't even get collector to install (says "pending" and just stalls out).  We hope to be able to use collector on our Mesa 2 paired with a Carlson BrX6 receiver.  We have a bunch of points there were collected with a trimble mapping grade GPS, and we're going to re-GPS the whole system using the Carlson to get better locations.  I was hoping I could just use collector and "update" the feature location with the survey grade GPS.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

David,

You could try using the Executable file from ESRI instead of using the Microsoft store.

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000017298

0 Kudos
AlisonWalker
Occasional Contributor

The solution with the R2 is still to roll back to version 5.22, and I've found that I must do that with the Web UI.  The Trimble Installation Manager does not seem to always roll back the firmware properly.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

I have tried both ways and no luck...

0 Kudos