ObstacleJSON ANNEXE 4

11-07-2022 06:19 AM
Labels (2)
Marcus-XavierBoivin
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

i am using ArcGIS Aviation Charting to create Type A chart.

I create my AIS geodatabase and another airport geodatabase. From that i get my Runway Centerline feature and my obstruction surface.

The problem is once i get to create OIS obstacle DATA. where and how should i put my obstacles which i have in a CSV file ?

Vertical structure point is not useful, i tried it and there is nothing generated.

Also, where can i find the assessment of my obstacles.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DavidWickliffe
Esri Contributor

If you are going to use the Generate OIS Obstacle Data (Aviation) tool to populate ObstacleJSON field in the Airports 18B schema, ObstructionIdSurface_MP - FeatureClass,  you can use the Airports 18B schema, VerticalStructurePoint - FeatureClass for the input Obstacle features because it will use the VerticalStructurePoint.TYPE_CODE field when it populates the ObstructionIdSurface_MP.ObstacleJSON field .   

To convert your CSV to points  you can use XY Table To Point (Data Management) see https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/data-management/xy-table-to-point.htm

Once you make that output feature class,  you can use the Append tool to append that feature class into VerticalStructurePoint.   

NOTE: you dont have to use VerticalStucturePoint,  its just good since it already has TYPE_CODE, but you would still need to populate that (maybe you have values in your CSV?)  Otherwise, you can use the new feature class created from the XY Table To Point tool.   You would just need to ensure you add and populate any field you want to see in the ObstacleJSON field values per the help at: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/aviation/generate-ois-obstacle-data.htm

See the section about fields where it says " Permissible field names are the following:"

If you have these fields - and they are populated, they will be included in the output ObstacleJSON.

Keep in mind you must also populate the Z values on the obstacles.  You need to have a defined horizontal and vertical coordinate system on it too... so there is a fair amount of data prep that needs to be done!

I hope that helps!

David