Quick Report 5.2 BETA Video and Audio attachments not working

Jump to solution
08-16-2022 10:55 AM
jcziesch
New Contributor II

Quick Report 5.2 BETA Video and Audio attachments not working: Feature layer has correct settings (public collection, editing, sync, GlobalID, attachments enabled, etc.) and application can be used to submit location information and attributes.

Attachments for photos are working but as stated, video cannot be uploaded beyond 2 seconds of filming and attachments containing mp4 files can be attached and sent with report but upon viewing, videos only playback approx: 5 seconds of footage. 

Audio: audio can be recorded up to 2 min and sent with report but upon viewing; audio file shows it exists but when play button is initiated no sound or audio file plays back. 

The sample template Quick Report 5.2 that ESRI  provides behaves properly at the surface and works with the video and audio attachments but I have not seen the map view for the sample template in order to verify. I know the select files, video, and audio features in AppStudio are in BETA mode as well so I am wondering if ESRI is still working on these features? I cannot find any tech support or docs related to this issue.

Has anyone else faced this issue and corrected it?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcziesch
New Contributor II

Thank you for the inquiry, we determined that the issue is internal. Testing outside of the network was successful in that the BETA media features for both audio and video work as intended.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jcziesch
New Contributor II

Correction: video files can be attached [using "select file"] and sent with report but only plays back video for 1 or 2 seconds.

0 Kudos
ClubExtreme
New Contributor III

How you access your feature service, is it behind proxy, reverse proxy or so? Hosted feature service or ArcGIS Server feature service? More info about environment please... And try the newest 5.4 QuickReport template with your service to see if happens the same?

0 Kudos
jcziesch
New Contributor II

Service(s) were tested using AGS and hosted feature layer on AGOL. Public access and sync are enabled as well. And yes, I have tried 5.4 with same results. As stated, photo attachments are working as well as the BETA Select File media feature [for images] so those formats are being uploaded properly, just not wav and mp4.

Question I have now is specific to the License Capabilities: from the developers dashboard docs, I see no difference between the Lite and Standard, in terms of the BETA media features I am mentioning. Both allow for public editing and feature service updates so as of now, I think this is a license key issue, or an unknown bug.

0 Kudos
ClubExtreme
New Contributor III

So, most probably this the license issue, with Advanced license there are no such problems.

Regards,

Atanas

0 Kudos
TrevorFrame
Esri Contributor

Hi @jcziesch,

Can you provide device specs such as model, OS version, etc. as well as the file sizes in MB? This will help us further troubleshoot the issue. 

Best,

Trevor

0 Kudos
jcziesch
New Contributor II

Thank you for the inquiry, we determined that the issue is internal. Testing outside of the network was successful in that the BETA media features for both audio and video work as intended.

0 Kudos