Feature Display Order (Web Map) setting not respected in Apps

Jump to solution
05-18-2022 08:36 AM
MappyIan
Occasional Contributor II

Recently functionality was added to the Web Map to allow you to specify a Feature Display Order (https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/create-maps/set-feature-display-order.htm), which is great and works a treat. But the setting isn't respected in apps created in AppStudio using the exact same Web Map.

I have a Web Map with a single point dataset.  In the Web Map I've specified the Feature Display Order so that points with particular attribute values are always drawn on top.  In the screen grab below note that the green (library) features are drawn on top of the blue ones:

IanHolmes9000_0-1652887466186.png

I've created a really simple app in AppStudio using the Map Viewer (5.3) template that displays just this Web Map.  But in the app, the Feature Display Order is not respected (note that the blue features are drawn on top of the green ones in the exact same area):

IanHolmes9000_1-1652887570665.png

I can't find any way to make the app respect the Feature Display Order set in the Web Map. Does anyone know if this is possible?  @ZaraMatheson - your blog article (https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/overlapping-features-feature-display...) doesn't mention any limitations with the setting.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TrevorFrame
Esri Contributor

Hi @MappyIan,

Thank you for reaching out. AppStudio 5.3 uses ArcGIS Runtime for Qt 100.13 which does not support feature display order. I have reached out to the Runtime team to look into supporting this feature in future Runtime builds that AppStudio could then utilize.

Best,

Trevor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TrevorFrame
Esri Contributor

Hi @MappyIan,

Thank you for reaching out. AppStudio 5.3 uses ArcGIS Runtime for Qt 100.13 which does not support feature display order. I have reached out to the Runtime team to look into supporting this feature in future Runtime builds that AppStudio could then utilize.

Best,

Trevor

0 Kudos
MappyIan
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for getting back to me @TrevorFrame.  I'll check the release notes for future updates to see if it's supported in the future.  If you get any information from the Runtime team as to when that might be I'd love if you could post here.

0 Kudos