Download/Update app without being signed in?

10-27-2021 10:39 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

We are thinking about deploying an AppStudio App to the public using AppStudio Player. Is there anyway to deploy and update the app without users being signed in to an AGO account?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

@Anonymous User 

You can share the app publicly, and the users will be able to search your app in AppStudio Player without sign-in. 

Or you can use custom profile or deep linking workflow in AppStudio Player, https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-appstudio-blog/introducing-appstudio-player-custom-profile/ba-p/896422 

Thank you,

Erwin

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was able to find my app publicly! I had one more question though. I downloaded the public app and I then pushed out an update. The public app did not update automatically even though automatic updates was turned on and there was no icon to manually update. The only way to update it was to go search for it again through the 'Cloud' screen and then there was an update button. Is there anyway that we could avoid users having to go search for the app again to get updates?

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

@Anonymous User 

Unfortunately no, the auto-update functionality is only when the user is signed in. 

Thank you,

Erwin. 

0 Kudos