AppStudio: Apk not updated after changes

Jump to solution
03-06-2023 08:18 AM
GISiste
Occasional Contributor

Hi AppStudio Team,

Before posting this question, I was able to test my app Apk on my Android device. The Apk is downloaded from https://appstudio-ota.arcgis.com after generating the appropriate Apk. Since a few days ago, I couldn't see the changes made to my app via the Apk. 

The changes are visible if I execute my app on ApStudio and AppStudio Player

My AppStudio Developer Licence still available 

AppStudio version 5.1.80

Do you have any idea about the issue ?

Thank you a lot

Tags (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
GISiste
Occasional Contributor

Hello @AdityaAllamraju1 

Thanks for your reply.

My colleague has a recent version of AppStudio and he's also getting the error and ain't able to see the changes on the updated Apk.

I had made a simple change (change a simple text) to my app before meeting the issue.

I've done a work around : I've duplicated my App in AppStudio and republish it with a new ID in our AGOL, did the Cloud Make process. Now, I'm able to download the APK and see my changes

If need, I can provid more info

Regards

View solution in original post

StephenQuan1
Esri Contributor

Hi @GISiste ,

In reaction to your question, backend maintenance was done on Cloud Make. Please try again with your original app (not the workaround copy). If the problem persists, please login to your ArcGIS Online account and review and remove old entries from your "My Apps" folder.

Hopefully, with both the backend maintenance and your "My Apps" cleanup, the problem should be resolved.

Stephen Quan

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AdityaAllamraju1
Esri Contributor

Hi @GISiste,

This issue may also happen because of a very outdated AppStudio app (5.1), I recommend you download the latest version 5.5.180, and re-do the Cloud Make process because the Cloud Make systems are really setup to only support latest Appstudio versions and any previous version may not cloud make correctly as expected. let us know if that works.

If the above process still shows the error, we would like to know the exact steps you were performing to get the app? Also, when was the initial apk downloaded? Any kinds of changes or updates you made after that to the app?

Thanks.

GISiste
Occasional Contributor

Hello @AdityaAllamraju1 

Thanks for your reply.

My colleague has a recent version of AppStudio and he's also getting the error and ain't able to see the changes on the updated Apk.

I had made a simple change (change a simple text) to my app before meeting the issue.

I've done a work around : I've duplicated my App in AppStudio and republish it with a new ID in our AGOL, did the Cloud Make process. Now, I'm able to download the APK and see my changes

If need, I can provid more info

Regards

StephenQuan1
Esri Contributor

Hi @GISiste ,

In reaction to your question, backend maintenance was done on Cloud Make. Please try again with your original app (not the workaround copy). If the problem persists, please login to your ArcGIS Online account and review and remove old entries from your "My Apps" folder.

Hopefully, with both the backend maintenance and your "My Apps" cleanup, the problem should be resolved.

Stephen Quan

GISiste
Occasional Contributor

Hi @StephenQuan1 

Thanks for all of these details.

Yeah, it works now. I deleted the old apk on "MyApps" and I re-did the Cloud Make process. I installed the apk on my Android device and now can see my changes.

Thanks for this clarification. I make your response as the accepted solution 

Regards

0 Kudos