Apps not working on iOS 15

Jump to solution
09-29-2021 12:33 AM
PatricWiström
New Contributor

Hi!

After upgrade to iOS 15.0 on iPhone and iPad our Survey123 app is not working anymore. We get "App needs to be updated" when starting. It is made in AppStudio 5.1.80 from the Enterprise Survey123-template v. 3.13 using Cloud Make.

Could there be a problem with the Cloud version of iOS SDK not supporting iOS 15?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Patrick, 

If you can not wait until we release AppStudio 5.2 in November, we have just made an update to the Early Adopter Community to release AppStudio 5.2 Beta that includes the fix for this issue. Here are the steps:

- Download AppStudio 5.2 from Early Adopter Community, https://earlyadopter.esri.com/welcome/default.html?key=AppStudio 

- Build your app using Cloud Make with Enterprise Certificate

- Make sure to remove the URL in the Cloud Make page settings, this is to make sure you are hitting the right default URL that includes the fix.

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 5.21.55 PM.png

- Perform Cloud Make for iOS and test your app.

Please let me know if this is working. 

Erwin. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

@PatricWiström 

This issue has been fixed and patched in the current AppStudio 5.1 Cloud Make Production. Let me know if this is working for you.

Thank you,

Erwin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

@PatricWiström 

This is a known bug with AppStudio 5.1, BUG-000143157, we currently have the fixes planned in AppStudio 5.2 that is coming in November. This issue only happening when you sign with Enterprise Certificate and running it in iOS 15.  In the meantime, would it be okay for you to sign with a store certificate and use TestFlight to distribute? 

Thank you,

Erwin. 

0 Kudos
PatricWiström
New Contributor

We have an Apple Enterprise Developer subscription so I dont think it's possible to create a distribution profile for TestFlight distribution. 

/Patric

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Patrick, 

If you can not wait until we release AppStudio 5.2 in November, we have just made an update to the Early Adopter Community to release AppStudio 5.2 Beta that includes the fix for this issue. Here are the steps:

- Download AppStudio 5.2 from Early Adopter Community, https://earlyadopter.esri.com/welcome/default.html?key=AppStudio 

- Build your app using Cloud Make with Enterprise Certificate

- Make sure to remove the URL in the Cloud Make page settings, this is to make sure you are hitting the right default URL that includes the fix.

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 5.21.55 PM.png

- Perform Cloud Make for iOS and test your app.

Please let me know if this is working. 

Erwin. 

0 Kudos
PatricWiström
New Contributor

Hi!

I have now installed and tested the latest beta version of AppStudio 5.2 and it's working.

However, I get a messages "Untrusted Enterprise Developer" when starting the app. I need to manually, in Settings on my iPhone, activate the trust for this developer. Then the app starts just fine. My guess is that this will not be the case in the official release?

/Patric

0 Kudos
PatricWiström
New Contributor

Update.

When we install through our MDM the "Untrusted Enterprise Developer" message doesn't appear so probably it's only the case when installing the app from iTunes.

/Patric

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Patrick, 

Thank you for confirming that it is working on your side.

Yes, that’s message is expected when there is a new apps that are signed with new Enterprise Certificate that has never been “trusted” in the device. In your case, it was done through MDM in the past. 

Thank you, 

Erwin

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

@PatricWiström 

This issue has been fixed and patched in the current AppStudio 5.1 Cloud Make Production. Let me know if this is working for you.

Thank you,

Erwin

0 Kudos
PatricWiström
New Contributor

Hi!

Sorry about the delay. I have tested in AppStudio 5.1.80 now and everything seems to work.

Thanks!

Patric

0 Kudos