2.0.1 doesnt support geopackage publishing

06-29-2022 08:16 AM
TracyLove
New Contributor II

am i correct that the latest version of the api does not support publishing of geopackage but that you can manually publish geopackages in arcgis online?

where does one find out when something like this is going to be implemented in the API?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TracyLove
New Contributor II

ok so i read the code and kept chasing and figured a way to make it happen. so a number of formats can be published with just .publish() but some apparently need to be analyzed??? but the product of a analyze on a geopackage is broken. you tell it you are analyzing a geoPackage but it returns that its CSV. so then you have to sternly say that no it is in fact geopackage. so this works ...

analyzed = agolSpace.content.analyze(item = sourceItem, file_type='geoPackage')
publish_parameters = analyzed['publishParameters']
publish_parameters['type'] = 'GeoPackage'
item = sourceItem.publish(publish_parameters, file_type='GeoPackage')

0 Kudos
TracyLove
New Contributor II

ahh but .overwrite still fails. so i can add it and publish it but not update it...?????

in fact you can not overwrite a feature layer made from a geopackage even through the online interface

TracyLove_0-1657847771183.png

i read the caveats about overwrites here
https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/manage-data/manage-hosted-feature-layers.htm

but nothing helped. i guess i have to take the above docs as correct where it says "To update the data in hosted feature layers published from a file geodatabase, shapefile, GeoJSON file, Microsoft Excel file, or .csv file"

0 Kudos