Popup - URL link

Jump to solution
08-11-2022 01:28 AM
ITApplications
New Contributor III

Hi

This may be an extremely simple answer but I can't work out how to get it to work (I'm very new to this so apologies if this is something very simple) .

I have a Web Map in ArcGIS Online and in there I am able to add custom HTML into the popup that provides a URL link to a 3rd party system (and it also passes data via URL params). That works great as a customer clicks on the link in the popup and it passes the feature data over.

ITApplications_0-1660205513964.png

I have a ArcGIS JS map that I've developed and I'd like to put the URL link into that popup also but I can't work out how to do it. My popup in JS is customised as well so it can pick up X/Y coordinates of where a customer puts their marker (it's to report potholes on a street).

ITApplications_2-1660206293366.png

How do I add the URL link (and params) into my existing code?

// Define pop-up for Streets layer
const popupStreets = {
"title": "Click to report an issue:",
"content": [{
type: "text",
text: "<b>Street:</b> {SITE_NAME}<br><b>Town:</b> {TOWN_NAME}<br>"
}, {
type: "custom",
creator: (graphic) => {
const location = view.popup.location;
return `X: ${location.x.toFixed (0) }<br>Y: ${location.y.toFixed (0)}`; //gets x/y coordinates
}
}]
}

ITApplications_3-1660206433893.png

This is code from the Online popup and I'm guessing I only need the part boxed in red. 

ITApplications_1-1660206197390.png

How do I get that to work in my JS code please? Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LaurenBoyd
Esri Contributor

Hi @ITApplications -

There are a couple of ways you could do this and I put together this sample to show how to add to your current custom content and display a hyperlink that contains information from the currently clicked feature: https://codepen.io/laurenb14/pen/VwXGbBP?editors=1000 

Hope this helps!

Lauren

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JoelBennett
MVP Regular Contributor

I think this may be what you're looking for (may need to double-check my typing for that URL though):

const popupStreets = {
	"title": "Click to report an issue:",
	"content": [{
		type: "text",
		text: "<b>Street:</b> {SITE_NAME}<br><b>Town:</b> {TOWN_NAME}<br>" + 
			"<a href=\"https://east-riding-self.test.achieveservice.com/service/Map__ArcGIS_Online_Trees" +
			"?street={SITE_NAME}&town={TOWN_NAME}&USRN={SITE_CODE}&assetID={CENTRAL_ASSET_ID}" +
			"&Easting={FEAT_CENT_EAST}&Northing={FEAT_CENT_NORTH}\" rel=\"nofollow ugc\">" +
			"<font size=\"6\">Click Here</font></a>"
	}, {
		type: "custom",
		creator: (graphic) => {
			const location = view.popup.location;
			return `X: ${location.x.toFixed (0) }<br>Y: ${location.y.toFixed (0)}`; //gets x/y coordinates
		}
	}]
};

The most likely issue you were having is needing to escape the quotation marks surrounding the html element attributes, since this text is already inside of a JavaScript literal.  When inside a JavaScript string, if you want a quotation mark in the string, you have to add a backslash before it, like: \"

LaurenBoyd
Esri Contributor

Hi @ITApplications -

There are a couple of ways you could do this and I put together this sample to show how to add to your current custom content and display a hyperlink that contains information from the currently clicked feature: https://codepen.io/laurenb14/pen/VwXGbBP?editors=1000 

Hope this helps!

Lauren
ITApplications
New Contributor III

Thank you so much both you you. Both are great solutions. After trying them both I've ultimately gone with Lauren's suggestion as it allowed me to pass the X/Y of where a user drops a pin (to report a pothole) through the URL into a form on our CRM system. It works great. 

Thanks both again

Ricky 

0 Kudos