How i can add intellisense or code assist for ArcGIS javascript api in Aptana studio 3 or Eclipse. Pls let me know regarding this...

Jump to solution
02-01-2018 11:22 PM
PiyushDubey1
New Contributor

How i can add intellisense or code assist for ArcGIS javascript api in Aptana studio 3 or Eclipse. Pls let me know regarding this...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MunachisoOgbuchiekwe
New Contributor III

Hello Dubey, 

I am not sure about Aptana Studio 3 or Eclipse, but for JavaScript development, I really like to use visual studio code with TypeScript. This way I can use what they call "typings", which provides an IntelliSense like autocompletion for all of the modules in the 4.x JS API.  Typescript is only a superset of JavaScript, so you can write normal JS in a TypeScript file and be fine. Esri has a really nice example of using TypeScript with ArcGIS JS API linked here if you wanted to give it a shot! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MunachisoOgbuchiekwe
New Contributor III

Hello Dubey, 

I am not sure about Aptana Studio 3 or Eclipse, but for JavaScript development, I really like to use visual studio code with TypeScript. This way I can use what they call "typings", which provides an IntelliSense like autocompletion for all of the modules in the 4.x JS API.  Typescript is only a superset of JavaScript, so you can write normal JS in a TypeScript file and be fine. Esri has a really nice example of using TypeScript with ArcGIS JS API linked here if you wanted to give it a shot! 

0 Kudos
PiyushDubey1
New Contributor

Thanks Munachiso,

Yeah help solved to overcome my problem. Thanks

0 Kudos