Failed to fastly display using capability of 'esri-featurelayer-webgl' in the ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.8 with an enterprise hosted feature layer.

07-30-2018 08:20 AM
ZhiyouSha
New Contributor

Hello all, as we know, the fast displaying capability (webgl in web browser againt Feature Tile in Server) is very awesome and can improve the displaying speed remarkably.

I built a sample before, which is based on Javascript 4.7 and Enpterprise 10.6.1. the sample works well.

The samples is almost exactly the same as the js live demo, which url is https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/sample-code/layers-featurelayer-webgl/index.html. The only diferent thing is I changed the data source from ArcGIS online to my local ArcGIS Enpterise 10.6.1.

But when I upgraded the Javascript 4.7 to 4.8, the sample is failed. Could anyone can tell me what is the diferent on this point or what I should pay close attention to.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor

I am not sure but I have created a feature service hosted on premise in 10.6.1 but I don't see f=pbf in rest directory feature service but only if I create a feature service in agol. Have you same behavior ? webgl  enabled via js api calls f=pbf  (same format of Vector Tile)

0 Kudos
ZhiyouSha
New Contributor

My problem was comfirmed as a bug in Javascript API 4.8 and has been resolved in 4.9.

Corrently ArcGIS enterprise and javascript API doesn't support the pbf format. Only ArcGIS Online supports it so far.

0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor

Ok I have seen thank you. 

Feature layers powered by ArcGIS Enterprise feature services will be rendered using WebGL at 10.6.1. Full server-side caching and PBF will be in an upcoming release. I thought that queries are also performed using the Protocolbuffer Binary Format (PBF), which reduces the size of the data delivered to the browser was already available in 10.6.1

0 Kudos