De-duplicating results with Address and Parcel roles

Jump to solution
02-22-2021 09:02 AM
Josh_Ittenbach
New Contributor III

I'm attempting to build a locator with point address and parcel roles.  They are linked by a parcel join id and parcels contain site addresses as well.

The problem I'm running into is de-duplicating the results. All combinations I've tried produce suggestions with both point and parcel addresses:

JoshuaIttenbach_0-1614012741492.png

I'd prefer that when searching for an address it would only suggest point addresses. The only time it reliably does this is when there are multiple point addresses linked to a single parcel.

Is this expected behavior when using both roles linked by a parcel join id? Or am I missing something? I've tested with Pro 2.7.1 and Enterprise 10.8.1. 

Thanks,

Josh Ittenbach

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Based on how the locator was built with the Create Locator tool the suggestions you are getting is expected. If you do not want the address included from the parcel locator (parcel role in multirole locator) suggestion do not include the address information. An illustration of the supported search scenarios for parcel role are described here just above the Street Address role description.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

They are linked by a parcel join id and parcels contain site addresses as well.

Linked where?  In the locator?  Our parcel data has address information in it as well, but I only use the parcel role for Parcel ID.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
Josh_Ittenbach
New Contributor III

Hi Joe,

Yes. Both point address and parcel roles contain matching "Parcel Join ID's" in their field mapping.

Screenshot 2021-02-22 132649.png

In addition to the parcel ID, I'm also including the address fields from my parcel data. I'm doing this because when you search for a parcel it includes the site address in the suggestion which seems like a helpful tip for users.

Screenshot 2021-02-22 134345.png

Ideally, I would like only point address suggestions when searching for an address rather than results from both roles.

All in all it's not a big issue. I'm just not sure if this is the intended behavior or if I've got something configured incorrectly.

Thanks,

Josh

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Based on how the locator was built with the Create Locator tool the suggestions you are getting is expected. If you do not want the address included from the parcel locator (parcel role in multirole locator) suggestion do not include the address information. An illustration of the supported search scenarios for parcel role are described here just above the Street Address role description.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Ideally, I would like only point address suggestions when searching for an address rather than results from both roles.

I have to think this is expected behavior. You might start a tech support case to be sure though.

0 Kudos
Josh_Ittenbach
New Contributor III

Thanks Joe, I think you may be right.

I was hoping this wouldn't be the case based on option 3 in this post. Oh well.

Josh

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Good point; it was just a WAG on my part (wild a$$ guess).  Let's see if @BradNiemand can weigh in on this discussion.

0 Kudos