Superion's One Solution Computer-Aided Dispatch

03-11-2019 09:23 AM
BrandonLouderback
New Contributor

Hey everyone,

I am trying to see if anyone has any information on using the ESRI mapping instead of the clunky mess that comes with this software.  I know it's possible to do this but getting information to make it a reality is hard to come by.  Any help would be appreciated.

***Update:  I found the answer myself.  If any of you know others that are using the Superion product for CAD then the answer is REST services.  All you have to do is create the features you need and make them REST services and you can link them that way.***

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
tigerwoulds
Occasional Contributor III

So it looks like Superion was acquired by Central Square a year or two ago. 

We currently push GIS Data (streets, address points, dispatch zone polygons) to our 911 Clients as shapefiles every 2 weeks. They have IT guys that load the data into their PCAD (Superion/Central Square) system.

Are you saying this can be done via map service? If so, that would be awesome!

0 Kudos
CityofAikenGISAdminAccount
New Contributor

Brandon - what version of Superion are you using?  We have the same problem - needing to manually update data using shapefiles.  It's tedious and time consuming (so not immediate updates upon any real data changes).  They told us during multiple conference calls (when we were trying to shift to be ready for NG911) that shapefiles were the only way.  I specifically asked about web services and was told "no".

0 Kudos