Add Surface Information stuck at 0%

03-14-2022 01:05 PM
RoderickPerendy
New Contributor III

Hello, 

I'm currently experience issues in which the geoprocessing tool is stuck at 0% for adding min, max, and mean parameters of Z and slope to a polygon layer. My elevation raster is from USGS 3DEP but I've clipped it to the local area of interest only in hopes of speeding up this process. I'm using the latest ArcGIS Pro 2.9. The clipped raster is about 9gb and the polygon layer is 441 records of circles at 200' radius. Anyone else running into this issue before? 

RoderickPerendy_0-1647288267412.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Given the size of the raster, did you try one parameter as a test run?

It could be a number of things, ranging from the machine and/or how the raster is processed in the tool

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
RoderickPerendy
New Contributor III

Hello Dan,

I've tried on a smaller sample of just 17 polygon objects and with a smaller clipped raster and it got to 6% and stopped. I then tried on just one object with even a smaller clip of the 3DEP raster and got the following:

RoderickPerendy_0-1647354667013.pngRoderickPerendy_1-1647354712041.png

Is this tool being deprecated? Esri explanation doesn't say on the matter. I guess I'll contact them on the matter.

My system info is intel i7-9850H 6 core CPU, 32GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro T2000 and Intel UHD Graphics 630

0 Kudos
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

This tool is not being deprecated and is likely a data specific bug. I would log a support case so that a bug can be logged and sent to the 3D Analyst team.

thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I would contact them, it could be the data as well

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos