Publish Bathymetry and Viewing it on ArcGIS Online

12-16-2015 04:12 PM
BertrandBaud
New Contributor III

This short video shows how to easily publish bathymetry from a Mosaic Datataset in ArcMap to ArcGIS Online.

4 Replies
nita14
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Bertrand,

It is great, you posted this short video. It must be very useful for many Esri software users. However, the title is misleading, since you just publish image serivce to ArcGIS for Server site and then, add it to ArcGIS Online map viewer. By the way, It would be great if AGOL, some day, will support image service publishing as well.

Regards,

Adam

0 Kudos
BertrandBaud
New Contributor III

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your comment.

I'm not sure I understand what is misleading. The service contains the image of the bathymetry surface, colored with the appropriate color ramp, and it also exposes the actual bathymetry values of the pixels. Lee in the video shows that you can click on pixels to query them. The depth information is returned, as opposed to a simple RGB value.

THanks,

Bertrand

0 Kudos
nita14
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Bertrand,

I just want to say that the title is not precise enough. The service is published to ArcGIS for Server, isn't it? And then consumed in the thin client which is ArcGIS Online Map Viewer. The result is that the service is added or 'registered' with ArcGIS Online. Since ArcGIS Online does not host image services, you can't publish this type of services to this environment, that is why I found the tile misleading.

Regards,

Adam

0 Kudos
deleted-user-bTT1-4SKF1c0
New Contributor

So the map viewer is from ArcGIS Online...

0 Kudos