"Sign In: Please Sign in to access" pop up in Map Viewer

10-11-2012 09:23 AM
TimHayes
Occasional Contributor III
Our GIS Server, which runs Windows 2008, was updated with Microsoft's automatic updates yesterday. Now when I attempt to access my Map Services (Flex Viewer) a box pops up in the Flex Viewer that prompts me to Sign In, with the layer name, server name, and then I must enter a username and password. It was never like this before. I cannot have my users enter a username and password for all 30 layers in the viewer. Any ideas on what is wrong?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
TimHayes
Our GIS Server, which runs Windows 2008, was updated with Microsoft's automatic updates yesterday. Now when I attempt to access my Map Services (Flex Viewer) a box pops up in the Flex Viewer that prompts me to Sign In, with the layer name, server name, and then I must enter a username and password. It was never like this before. I cannot have my users enter a username and password for all 30 layers in the viewer. Any ideas on what is wrong?

The error is no longer there. I cannot figure out what happened. I rebooted our server 5 times, restarted the ArcGIS Server in Components. After 45 min it works fine. Very strange.
0 Kudos
XintaoLiu
Occasional Contributor II
The error is no longer there. I cannot figure out what happened. I rebooted our server 5 times, restarted the ArcGIS Server in Components. After 45 min it works fine. Very strange.

Same here! but the error is still here!! sign...
0 Kudos
VladislavMasatin
New Contributor
The same problem.
Once reboot of server helps, but today it is not helping, somethink is really wrong.
0 Kudos
DuncanBell
New Contributor
I'm experiencing the same issue. I've tested with two separate servers, one over SSL and one over standard HTTP.

It happens on services that require an authenticated user, even when a valid token is supplied, and services that don't require authentication.

Has anyone found a resolution to this?
0 Kudos
Ganael_Jatteau
New Contributor II
Same here. I have a feature layer accessing a public service on Arcgis Online. Any solution is welcome!
0 Kudos
MaciejSarnowski
New Contributor
same problem...

anybody knows the sollution?! please help!
0 Kudos
AndrewSmart
New Contributor II
We are also having the same problem, but seems to be isolated to feature layers. Still looking for a solution.
0 Kudos
FrankRoberts
Can someone tell us what stimulates this response?
0 Kudos
DanielJohns
Occasional Contributor
Has anyone found a solid solution for this?..

I've called Esri and they're not able to offer any suggestions besides generate new tokens, which I have and it's still not working.
0 Kudos