dmede

Questions about statistics when building a DEM mosaic.

Discussion created by dmede on Oct 9, 2012
Latest reply on Oct 22, 2012 by shepa006
I'm trying to build a mosaic dataset for a collection of ASTERv2 DEMs and am running into an issue with the appearance of the mosaic.

Following the instructions in the link below I calculated statistics and built pyramids for my ASTERv2 tiles before adding them t the mosaic dataset. I then created overviews so I could preview the mosaic at full scale. But when I finished the resulting mosaic looks mostly gray, as though no stats had been calculated.

I've then tried to clac stats for the mosaic itself but the process never finishes. I've tried several times up to 91 hours for the longest attempt with no results. When I compare my ASTERv2 mosiac to a older ASTER mosiac we have which does look ok as a mosaic the only difference I see is that the input tiles to the older mosaic did not have statistics built first. You cans ee the difference in the attached PDF.

Any idea what I need to do to get this newer version to look like  the older version? Do I need to go back and remove statistics from the tiles before adding to the mosiac?

http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//009t00000039000000

I appreciate the help,
David

Attachments

Outcomes