levysamu

Help with kriging

Discussion created by levysamu on Sep 24, 2012
Latest reply on Sep 26, 2012 by levysamu
I'm not sure that this is an appropriate use of this forum, but I have some data that I am trying to interpolate using the Geostatistical Wizard.  I have looked at a number of tutorials and forums that explain how to use it, but the data that they generally use seems to be a lot cleaner than what I am working with.  So when I try to do similar things with my data, I am not sure if the drastic differences in the final product are because their data was just cleaner or because there is something wrong with my data as far as interpolation is concerned.  I was hoping that if I supplied one of the areas that I was attempting to interpolate that someone could show me what some of the choices that they would make are and why they made those choices.  Things like whether or not to remove a trend or to transform the data, which type of kriging to use, whether to turn anisotropy on, what the lag size and number of lags should be.  I understand that I will probably be directed to a number of forums or tutorials, but I assure you I have read many of them already.  The reason I am asking for so much information is not because I haven't read these things but I guess because I fundamentally don't understand them well enough to be able to apply the concepts from the tutorial data to my data.  If somebody would be kind enough to help me through this first group of data, I think I should be able to figure out the rest of the areas I am working with for myself.

Almost all of my 122 data points are spaced at 50x50 meter intervals in a grid.  The data is of nitrogen levels in small area in Arizona in parts per million.

Any help is of course appreciated.

Attachments

Outcomes