AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can I position esriBookmarkEditBox in Bookmarks digit?

Question asked by myESRIUName on Aug 31, 2012
Latest reply on Sep 5, 2012 by myESRIUName
Due to requirements to include a corporate header/footer, users can scroll on our web pages to make the map <div> fill the viewable area of the browser and then we display the various digits we use in floating/collapsible dialogs on top of the map. This presents a problem with the Bookmarks digit because the esriBookmarkEditBox's CSS sets its "position: fixed;" which only considers the screen's viewport, not what is actually visible, in positioning the text field to name the bookmark. In our pages, when the user tries to "Add Bookmark" (or edit an existing one), the text field does not display in the appropriate place. The attached picture illustrates this. Here, the text field is offset by approximately 250px (the size of our corporate header). [ATTACH=CONFIG]17421[/ATTACH]

I've already done some changes to the CSS to get the digit to appear in the dialog as we'd like, but simply changing the position CSS for the esriBookmarkEditBox class (my only other options are "static", "relative", "absolute" and "inherit") isn't enough. I'm trying to figure out if there is some way I can dynamically set the top and left of that div when it's added myself but can't figure a way to get access to it. The onEdit event isn't fired until after the field has been edited and the change is being applied (I was thinking that if it was fired when the editing started I might be able to change the position to absolute and then set it's top and left where I needed it to be somehow).

Anyway, if someone can provide some suggestions to look into, I'd appreciate it. At this point, we're looking at having to re-write the digit simply because of this problem and we'd prefer to avoid that, if possible.

Cheers
jtm

Attachments

Outcomes