Error 001272 analyzer errors were encountered (codes = 123)

08-31-2012 01:19 PM
JaromHlebasko
Occasional Contributor III
Hello, I have been messing with publishing maps through ArcGIS for Desktop 10.1 and have successfully published a service with some of my maps. However, I came across this error: error 001272 analyzer errors were encountered (codes = 123) when trying to publish my last map to ArcGIS Online. I did everything according to what I have done previously with my other maps. I use the analyze check tool and no errors, warnings, or messages appear in the prepare table. I then click on publish in this is the error I get. Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoanneParkinson
Esri Contributor
Hello Jarom,

Error code 123 indicates the shape field is not visible.

The solution is to make the shape field visible or remove the layer.
To make the shape field visible, right-click the layer in the table of contents and click Properties.
Click the Fields tab.
Check the box next to the shape field. When this box is unchecked, the field is not visible.

Here is the associated help topic.
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//00sq000000pp000000

This error should have appeared in the Prepare window when you analyzed your mxd.

Joanne

Joanne Parkinson
Esri Software Product Engineer
0 Kudos
JaromHlebasko
Occasional Contributor III
Thank you for your reply. I actually read in another forum what you are explaining to me but I verified in my own data all of the shape fields and they were all visible. I analyzed the mxd as well as analyzed the publishing service and received no warnings or errors. What I did initially was copied and pasted a project Geodatabase to a new folder so I would not somehow mess with the integrity of the original Geodatabase for publishing these services. I also had previously created map document files that I also copied over to a new folder keeping everything relative so I would not have to repair data sources. As you are well aware, there are certain things in map documents that cannot be published so that is why I created copies of these map documents so I could change them to the structure of the publisher requirements. Anyway, everything created was relative so I tried publishing it and this is the error I received.

So I did some more troubleshooting in which I renamed the Geodatabase to a different name and repaired the sources in the map documents and for some reason, that seemed to fix the issue. Is there an explanation for this or was it just dumb luck? Thank you for your time!
0 Kudos