arcpy.Copy_Management Error: 000260

Jump to solution
07-09-2012 01:54 PM
MikeMacRae
Occasional Contributor III
I am testing a simple script. I have an access database (personal geodatabase) with a bunch of tables, queries and forms. I just want to copy and paste one table:

import arcpy, traceback, sys from arcpy import env  env.workspace = r"Z:\Access_Database\Site_Facility_IORPDA_2012_MASTER_v302.mdb"  arcpy.Copy_management("WEEDS_P", "WEED")  # Alternatively, I tried to paste to a different geodatabase as well with the same error returning. # arcpy.Copy_management("WEEDS_P", r"Z:\ESRI\Figure_Sourcing\Locked_Down_Database\Access_Database\Test.mdb\WEED")

and I keep coming up with the following error:

000260 : Failed to copy <value> into <value>

Description

While using the Copy tool, the input could not be successfully copied to its new location. This error typically occurs while copying data from one location to another.

The "in_memory" workspace is not supported as the output location.
Solution

Confirm that the output location is valid and does not contain any files that will interfere with a successful copy operation.

So, I tried to manually copy and paste from the mbd to the test .mbd and it errors out with the following:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15888[/ATTACH]

Can anyone suggest what the issue might be?

Thanks,
Mike
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor
I have an access database (personal geodatabase) with a bunch of tables, queries and forms.

Mike,

The supported way to access data in a non-geodatabase .mdb file is to use ODBC.

ArcGIS 10 Help: Understanding how to use Microsoft Access files in ArcGIS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor
I have an access database (personal geodatabase) with a bunch of tables, queries and forms.

Mike,

The supported way to access data in a non-geodatabase .mdb file is to use ODBC.

ArcGIS 10 Help: Understanding how to use Microsoft Access files in ArcGIS
0 Kudos
MikeMacRae
Occasional Contributor III
This seems to explain the issue and I think I see a few work arounds using the related topics. Thanks for the info Curtis.
0 Kudos