Can't Delete Table from Personal Geodatabase

Jump to solution
04-17-2012 10:03 AM
MikeMacRae
Occasional Contributor III
Hey everyone,

I deleted a feature class table in a personal geodatabase via MS Access. When I go to Catalogue and open the geodatabase, the table is still there. When I try to delete it, I get the following error message:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13598[/ATTACH]

I have a feeling there are some underlying data being referenced remaining in the geodatabase because I deleted from MS Access, whereby ArcCatalogue does this for you. Is there anyway to get rid of the table?

Thanks,
Mike
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Even though it's possible, it's very unsupported to use Access to delete tables in a personal
geodatabase. As with an ArcSDE instance, the best way to clean up is probably to create an
empty table with the same name as the dropped table from Access, then delete it with Catalog.
Be sure to make a backup first!

- V

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Even though it's possible, it's very unsupported to use Access to delete tables in a personal
geodatabase. As with an ArcSDE instance, the best way to clean up is probably to create an
empty table with the same name as the dropped table from Access, then delete it with Catalog.
Be sure to make a backup first!

- V
0 Kudos
MikeMacRae
Occasional Contributor III
Thanks Vangelo,

I created a table in Access and went into ArcCatalogue and tried to delete it. I got a new error message saying that I do not have the license level to delete the table. I switched from View to Editor and it allowed me to delete the table and the table in my backup (where I did not create a table), so it looks like if you change your license level, you can delete regardless.

Thanks,
Mike
0 Kudos