bjebn

Dissolve & Retain All Attributes

Discussion created by bjebn on Mar 19, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 20, 2012 by dlee-esristaff
I've encountered a small problem that I cant seem to resolve wherby i've done a series of analyses on a feature class layer.

These analyses result in a shapefile with attributes include country, region, name, ID etc...

Now for my final process I am intersecting that polygon with a layer that does not have the same spatial resolution causing my original dataset to be cut off.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12820[/ATTACH]

What I want to be able to do is that those areas that have been cut off are remerged (and dissolved) into the intersected data and take the attribute datasets of the closest polygon.

My current approach has been to erase polygon differences, apply spatial join (closest to intersect data), merge, and dissolve. Now unfotunatley when I dissolve by field "name", all the other attribute data is lost in the final product. Using the statistics field and statistics type "First" or "Last" and/or using another spatial join between the original data and the dissolve gives some weird results.

If anyone would be so kind as to give me their current workflow Id be more than grateful.

Attachments

Outcomes