ArcGIS10: How to do "Zoom to the map extent" for 1 shape file & 2 tif files on 1 Map?

03-14-2012 11:39 AM
ScottChang
New Contributor II
Hi all,

I have 1 .shp file and 2 tif files on the ArcGIS 10 mxd Map - see the attached file.  How can I do "Zoom to the map extent" for 1 shape file & 2 tif files on the same Map?  Please help and advise.

Thanks,
Scott Chang
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III
"Group" all three layers in the TOC of ArcMap and then right-click on the Group and choose "Zoom to Layer".
0 Kudos
ScottChang
New Contributor II
Hi Joe Flannery & Hildegard53,  Thanks for your responses.

I used "Group" to search in the "Help" of my ArcGIS 10 and I got a result:  Group layers in ArcGlobe that has an additional view option of List Including Group Layers.   My ArcMap 10 is ArcGIS-ArcInfo, not ArcGlobe. So I don't have the "List Including Group Layers" to do the "Grouping" you said.  However, I tried to do the "Grouping" in my ArcMap ArcInfo 2 ways ((i) by pressing the "Ctrl" button and selecting the shapefile and 2 tif files, and then clicking on the "Zoom To Layers". it did not work. (ii) by pressing the "Ctrl" button and selecting the shapefile and 2 tif files, and then clicking on the "Group". this did not work either) as close as your instructions,  but they did not work for me - see the attached file.  Any thoughts or methods for me to get "Zoom to the map extent" worked to see the one shapefile and the 2 tif files appeared on the same Map?  Please help and respond again.

Thanks,
Scott Chang
0 Kudos
MarcinGasior
Occasional Contributor III
You've already created a Group.
To see it you have to switch to List by Drawing Order mode in Table of Contents (click first icon from left).
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12707[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos