kippy91

Comp select for different areas on same face?

Discussion created by kippy91 on Feb 28, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 5, 2012 by kippy91
Hello!

This might be an easy answer, but...I'm having a little difficulty in selecting and naming different areas on the same face (or same-direction-facing faces).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12284[/ATTACH] See the picture of a sample building. The faces of the building that are facing South in the image need to be separated (because they have different textures or assets that will be added later). I am trying to use the Comp function to select and name them separately, but I'm having trouble since they are all facing in the same direction (i.e. front, back, left, right, and other semantic descriptions don't seem to be helping me). I tried splitting the entire face in the "x" direction for the length of each section, but CityEngine CAN tell the difference and treats them as different shapes. I'm really just having trouble selecting and naming them separately.

Is the comp tool the way to go, or should I be looking in another direction? (i.e. trying to change or use scope, pivot, etc?)

Let me know if I'm not being clear enough! Any help or direction-pointing is much appreciated!

Attachments

Outcomes