Error deploying geoportal SP2 on Glassfish 3.1.1 (build 12)

02-23-2012 01:41 AM
BrandurSigurjonsson
New Contributor II
I am currently running geoportal SP1 on test and production environments.

I have uneployed SP1 and restarted the server. When I deploy the SP2 geoportal.war I get the following error.

Error occurred during deployment: Exception while loading the app : java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet not found by org.glassfish.web.core [208]. Please see server.log for more details.

If I try to deploy the 1.2 geoportal.war from geoportal.sf.net I have no problems.

Attached is the glassfish server.log showing the errors in more detail.

I'm proceeding with comparing the contents of the two war's  (apart from the viewer added in ArcGIS for INSPIRE) to see if I can find anything there. Thought I'd check if someone else has run into the same problems.

Any ideas

Update:  I have compared the two and there is nothing ovbious in the config files that justifies the errors. Hmm, contradiction in terms, at least I cannot find anything that makes sense to me.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Samúel_JónGunnarsson
New Contributor
I can also confirm that we are having the same error in our testing environment.
0 Kudos
BrandurSigurjonsson
New Contributor II
rlucchi provided the fix, see : http://goo.gl/CHyrG

Thanks.

In short it is:

unzip the war, remove /META-INF/context.xml, recreate the war, deploy, life is good again
0 Kudos
CalvinDwight
New Contributor
Relly?It is cool!
0 Kudos