AnsweredAssumed Answered

Another Snap to Raster problem

Question asked by gerickecook on Feb 16, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 23, 2012 by gullagem
Seems like I'm not the only one? I am trying to snap NLCD data (clipped to a state) to the state's DEM. Obviously I need to do some overlay analyses. At first I was using the snap to raster environment setting during clip and projection operations (from the toolbox), but snapping was not occurring. I tried the "copy raster" tool with snap environment suggestion by ESRI off another forum. No dice there. It's almost as if snapping is not being honored.  FYI, I am using the same projection and cell size.

Should I try another workflow (order of operations) for getting snapped raster layers clipped to state level? I need to figure this out soon. I need to ramp up to national level very soon, so I need to snap national NLCD to a national DEM as well. I really want to get this working before I work with national data.

**UPDATE**
Don't know why I didn't see this before. There is a logged bug with high severity: http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMDYxNTA2 but the status was declined. The description mentioned the use of core raster tools with background geoprocessing turned on. I'll try turning off background geoprocessing and see what happens. Maybe that's why it was declined? If I find a solution, I'll post it.

Attachments

Outcomes