Where are 10.1 Visual Studio templates for REST or SOAP SOEs?

01-09-2012 08:29 AM
JeffGermain
New Contributor
I installed 10.1 beta 2 desktop and server but the Visual Studio templates for REST and SOAP SOEs don't seem to be included. I checked that .NET Extension Support was included in the GIS Server install.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11026[/ATTACH]

The documentation here makes reference to the templates.

Are they not available yet or is there a Developer Kit install that I'm missing?

Thanks,

Jeff
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JShi_EsriStaff
Esri Contributor
Jeff,

Thanks for your question.

To create a new .NET SOE file using both REST and SOAP template, please first install 10.1 beta2 version of ArcObjects SDK for the Microsoft .NET Framework.

After the install, please open Visual Studio 2010 and create a new project. In the New Project dialog, choose Recent Templates - Visual C# - ArcGIS - Server Object Extensions. You could either choose REST template or SOAP template and click �??OK�?�. Compile the project and the SOE file in the output directory is ready to use.

For Visual Basic, both REST and SOAP templates are also available with the install. 

In case you are interested in the extensive help and examples of .NET SOE, please locate the .NET SDK help under Start menu �?? All Programs - ArcGIS �?? Developer Help �?? ArcObjects Help for .NET. Please browse under Developing with ArcGIS �?? Developing with ArcGIS for Server �?? Extending ArcGIS for Server.

If there are any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Julia Shi
0 Kudos