ArcGIS.com - received invitation, but can't view it?

11-10-2011 09:08 AM
JacobMundt
New Contributor
I have a notice that I have been invited to join a group.  The instructions say to go to the groups tab and view my invitations.  I can't see any invitations in my groups tab.  I attached a screen capture.  Can somebody thunk me with a rock so I can see where to look?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
You should see a button on the My Groups page. See attached image.
0 Kudos
SeanFrey
New Contributor
I have the same challenge, my Invitations button is MIA. I upgraded IE thinking that was the problem but it persists. Suggestions?
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
How about clearing your browser cache? Alternatively, can you try using a different browser, like firefox or chrome to rule out any IE problems?

Mike
0 Kudos
JacobMundt
New Contributor
How about clearing your browser cache? Alternatively, can you try using a different browser, like firefox or chrome to rule out any IE problems?

Mike

Mike - I have tried Chrome, FF, and IE on two different machines.  Still no button.
0 Kudos
RobWaller
New Contributor III
I have same issue, in IE the button doesnt show. In Firefox, Chrome and Safari, the button appears and is showing that I have 3 Invitations, but when click the button it doesn't do anything.
Have cleared cache etc and tried from 2 different machines with same results.
Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
What version of IE are you using?

Mike
0 Kudos
RobWaller
New Contributor III
On one machine I have IE 7. When Groups page loads I get JavaScript error (attached) and Invitations button does not show. If I choose to Debug from the alert box nothing happens.
On another machine I have IE9, there the button shows but does not do anything when clicked. Same happens in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari, button shows but does not work. When I examine Firebug in Firefox I don't see any errors, just doesn't work.

Thanks
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Robert,

I'm having trouble reproducing this. How have you configured your group? Is it public or private? Can users apply to join this group if public?

Can you invite me to join your group? Search for username of Ekim3.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
RobWaller
New Contributor III
I'm not sure if the group settings is affecting the invite button. The groups in question I'm not an admin for, for now I've created a private test group and sent you an invite, see if you're able to click on your 'Invitations' button once get it. If still not able to reproduce I'll try to get an invite sent to you from the other groups.
I also put my email in the summary of the group, feel free to email me if need more details or need to open a ticket on this.

Thanks
0 Kudos