09-11-2011 11:57 PM
Labels (1)
JamesMcElroy
New Contributor
In our application we are using the following:
TPK for Display
MPK for searching States/Cities/Road Names
GPK for building Routes

They are all large and consist of 10 states.  When the application starts it takes 2-3 minutes to load up the mpk/gpk before they are available.  If the application is shut down before that time has elapsed, the next time the application is started they begin unpacking from scratch to a new folder.  If you see my attached screenshot, you can see multiple folders for all the packs.  The tile pack loads quickly, but sometimes I see the same issue which makes me think maybe it's not only shutting down during initialization.

Some of the folders are empty, some have the full data set, some have partial data.  Either way, it seems like there is an issue going on, and there is no self-cleaning.  I found this issue because it completely filled my drive to where I started getting Server Initialization 500 errors and I checked and there were close to 60GB of folders.

Thanks,

James
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi,

We've recently logged this issue - found during testing of the large MPKs you provided. We plan to implement additional cleanup logic in addition to hoping to provide control over the various directories used by the runtime (via the API).

Many thanks for reporting this, as always, we greatly appreciate your feedback during the beta programme.

Regards

Mike
0 Kudos
JamesMcElroy
New Contributor
Sounds good.

Thanks,

James
0 Kudos