Add Fields using Model Builder

07-25-2011 02:08 PM
deleted-user-h2MwrUDd3vgt
New Contributor III
I'm trying to figure out a way to easily create hundreds of fields across different feature classes in the same geodatabase. I have a breakdown of the schema (field type, name, scale, precision, etc.) stored using different tables inside of an Access database where each row in a single table contains all of the information for a single attribute such as name, domain, alias, etc. I???m using model builder (see attached graphic) to get the field value from the table and use the value to Add a field to the appropriate Feature class but for some reason it doesn't seem to want to accept all of the values that are being passed in from the table. I???m using the For iterator to cycle through each row of the table to create a new field each time.  The first half of the model works, but I can???t seem to make the values populate the Add Field parameters and then run the Add Field tool. I'm hoping someone can help me figure out an easy solution, or can point out what I'm doing wrong. Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
0 Replies