paulevano

Symbology Styles and Graduated Symbols/Colours

Discussion created by paulevano on Jul 21, 2011
Latest reply on Jul 21, 2011 by PaulGordon72
Hi there,

I have a unique dataset of velocity vectors obtained from an Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler survey I undertook last month. I want to display this data in ArcScene to show how the 3D vectors change with depth and across the survey line.

I have imported an Excel spreadsheet which contains all the relevant data and have created seperate layers for each vector string, i.e. one layer for each depth through the water column.

I have managed to display the vectors using the graduated symbols function in Symbology and have manually selected a scale range based on 6 classes to scale each vector based on speed. Furthermore, I have used Advanced-Rotation option to rotate the vectors based on a geographic rotation plane (DegN).

I was just wondering whether it was possible to scale the vectors based on symbol size (which is what I have done already using the graduated symbol function) and by colour (i.e. graduated colours) so that the lower flow, smaller vectors are a different colour to the faster, larger vectors?

I have attached an image of the current set up using graduated symbols.

Also, does anyone know how to save symbology so that I don't have to go through the tedious process of changing the size, colour, classification of each vector layer everytime?

Thanks,

Paul

Attachments

Outcomes