Hi, I had the same problem.I just grouped all layers into one and it works correctly.Michaela Zemkova
I'd never noticed this issue prior to loading SP3 last week but just exported 36 pages to PDF and just about every page had annotation and in some case point elements outside data frame. I just used CutePDF and it wasn't a problem.Mark
I have also encountered this problem in a new version 10 database.Here is a very goofy solution:In Layout view, create a graphic rectangle that goes out the edge of the page. (can use guides for this)Create another rectangle the same size as the Data Frame, align to the data frameSelect rectangle 2, then rectangle 1, and choose Drawing --> Graphic Opperations --> Subtract. You will now have a square doughnut graphic that frames your Data Frame.Send the new graphic to the backSend the Data Frame to the backSet the graphic to have the same border you want your Data Frame to have.Now when you export, the square doughnut graphic will mask anything that hangs out of the Data Frame.
Go to data frame properies-->Data Frame tab---> Clip options---->clip to current data driven page extent
What is the donut solution
Greetings -I am using ArcGIS 10.1 and this issues still exists. I have tried several work arounds but the text/annotation still bleeds into the margins. Some of the work arounds tried are exporting to various extents. The jpg mentioned in an earlier thread did not work for me. I also tried to print to PDF, that did not work.Until the bug is fixed the donut solution seems to be it.
SOLUTION (at least for me): I had the same problem with annotations showing up outside the data frame when both exporting to .pdf and when printing the .mxd straight from Arc. Even using a .pdf printer did not fix it. I grouped all my layers into one large group in the data frame and the problem was solved. I have wasted so much time on this. PLEASE FIX THIS ESRI!
The grouping technique worked for me:ArcGIS 10 (not 10.1) SP5Map annotation (not gdb)Now if we could only have an explanation as to why grouping the layers worked!
Retrieving data ...