Help with Kriging

05-03-2011 09:20 AM
BrookMitchell
New Contributor II
I am just getting started utilizing ArcGIS 10 for analysis of soil EC/pH data.  I ran a Kriging operation for a field (EC data) @ 18.29 meter cell size and I have an area west in the field that has a blank area (so not getting all of the field krigged.  See attached jpg.  How do I get it to run x% past the area, so I can clip it later to the field boundary?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor
Right click the Geostatistical Layer -> Properties -> Extent, then choose an extent
0 Kudos
BrookMitchell
New Contributor II
I went to the Kriged EC layer, right clicked and changed the extent to rectangular extent of field boundary -> apply -> ok.  Unfortunately it didn't change and when I go back into the extent properties, it is right back "to current setting of this layer".
0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor
Is this a Geostatistical layer?
Is field boundary's extent larger than the extent of the points?
Try choosing "the current display extent"
0 Kudos
BrookMitchell
New Contributor II
Steve,
I'm sorry for the stupidity here, but I'm used to the ag world of shapefiles and point data.  What is a geostatistical layer and how do I check this it out? As for the field boundary being wider than the put data_ yes.  If you look at the jpg you can see the yellow boundary is outside of the data pts.
0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor
It is a layer created using the Geostatistical Analyst extension. If you created the output running Spatial Analyst or 3D then you'll need to specify a larger processing extent in the Environment and re-run the tool.

Hope this helps.
Steve
0 Kudos