maxbohnet

Bug in NA (ArcGIS 10) when defining restrictions for one-way streets

Discussion created by maxbohnet on Dec 15, 2010
Latest reply on Jun 3, 2011 by ld
There seems to be a bug (or maybe a undefined feature???) in Network Analyst for ArcGIS 10
(Windows 7 on a 64-bit machine):
I want to define One-Way-Streets by setting the the To-From-Direction to "restricted", if the "oneway" field == -1 and "traversable" if "oneway" == 0.
The From-To-Direction i want to set constantly to "Traversable" for all links.
When defining the network like this (see first screenshot in the attached file), the "oneway" field is ignored, so all links in the network are "traversable" in both directions.

If i define One-Way-Streets by setting the the From-To-Direction with  Fields -> oneway and the To-From-Direction to Constant -> Traversable, then it works fine.
However the oneway street are then opened in the wrong direction ("along" is restricted and "against" traversable).
So my workaround now is to change the direction of all links and then use the second option, but thats not really satisfying solution.

So i guess that the parameter for the "To-From-Direction" is in some cases overridden by a constant defined for the "From-To-Direction". Could you please fix that bug, if its not feature, which then should be documented?

Best regared
Max Bohnet

Attachments

Outcomes