Geoprocessing Tool for Vehicle Routing Problem

11-01-2010 02:44 AM
SultanAtalayer
New Contributor
I am trying to create a geoprocessing tool for vehicle routing problem, i want to publish it and use it in a Silverlight application.

I have used model builder to create the model. When I use the model locally, it works just fine. However, when i publish it and test it on ArcMap it fails after executing and does not create the resulting routes. How can I solve this problem?

Sultan Atalayer

Software Engineer
PlusOneMinusOne
0 Kudos
5 Replies
KevinHibma
Esri Regular Contributor
The image of your model looks correct - however I can't comment on the settings which make up the model.

Your workflow is pretty similar to the following tutorial:
http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#/GP_service_example_Shortest_route_on_a...
If you haven't seen it, I'd suggest working through it to be sure everything is in line.
If you still have a problem, please post the error you get when you execute the service (you'll have to turn messages on).
0 Kudos
SultanAtalayer
New Contributor
I was using a similar model but i was not publish the map with a tool layer. When i try to publish the map with tool layer, server gives error.

Server Object instance on machine p1m1 is created with errors.
  The workspace is not connected.
  Cannot open a network table.
  The Layer:'Routes' in Map:'Layers' is invalid.

Routes is the result layer of the model.

Sultan Atalayer

Software Engineer
PlusOneMinusOne
0 Kudos
KevinHibma
Esri Regular Contributor
Mmmmm ... I wouldn't ever say ignore errors, but despite these, did both the GP and Map service start? Can you use them?

If not - the error:
  The workspace is not connected.
  Cannot open a network table.
seems the most questionable. Is ArcMap / Server on the same machine? If not are you copying everything over from one machine to another? It sounds like it cant find the network dataset.

As for the error:
You're probably getting this as you ran the model, dragged it over into the ToC, saved the doc and tried to publish. If you remove the result from the ToC when you first ran the model and try again - those errors should clear up. For this reason I dont think this part of the problem is much to worry about.
0 Kudos
SultanAtalayer
New Contributor
Server and ArcMap are on the same machine, so the dataset is there.

I tried to ignore this error but the service did not start.

Sultan
0 Kudos
SultanAtalayer
New Contributor
ok i made the service work, but now when i try to use the tool on the basemap, Arcmap crashes.

I created the base map and published it, it was fine.
Then i created the map with the tool layer and published it, and it was fine.

But when i use the tool coming from the map with tool layer on the base map, Arcmap shuts down and the following window comes:
0 Kudos