awells

Model Builder - Problem with Collect Values tool (?)

Discussion created by awells on Sep 2, 2010
Latest reply on Sep 22, 2010 by awells
This is my first time really working with Model Builder. I've got a submodel, that basically takes a layer of selecting polygons (circles), and does a Select By Location of Census Blocks, that fall inside each of the selecting circles. When the model is done, I should have a feature class for each of the circles, each of which consists of all the census blocks in that circle. For my test setup, I've got 3 circles and I want to select the Census Blocks in each and make a feature class for each (FC_1, FC_2, FC_3).

So I run the model, and it creates FC_1, FC_2, FC_3 (like it should). I see them show up in Catalog at the right of the map. Then at the end before it completes, FC_3 disappears from Catalog. I don't see any errors, but the third created feature class just vanishes.

The last tool in the model is Collect Values, because I am using this submodel in another model that merges all the feature classes together, runs statistics, and from what I can tell, I have to have Collect Values in order to do that. IF I delete the Collect Values tool from the model, and run it,  FC_3 stays and does not disappear. So it seems I have a problem with the Collect Values too.

I need to figure out what I am doing wrong with Collect Values, or if that is even what I need to use. Any help would be very very much appreciated!

Attachments

Outcomes