Symbol Property Editor will not display Character Marker Symbols

08-06-2010 06:19 AM
RasheedKhaleel
New Contributor III
We just upgraded to ArcGIS 10 and whenever I try to change point feature symbology, Character Markers will not display, and I cannot edit point symbols beyond size, color, and masks of existing symbols. I've tried rolling back to 9.3 but no dice. Please advise.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
JohnMcKinnon
New Contributor
Having the same problem... the Symbol Property Editor is missing the "control boxes" for "Character Marker Symbols".  I can not pick a font or a subset.
0 Kudos
WayneRunkles
New Contributor
Me too! Any solution yet?
0 Kudos
RasheedKhaleel
New Contributor III
Still no solution on my end. Other machines work, uninstalling on mine and reinstalling does not work.
0 Kudos
WinstonSastroredjo
New Contributor
is there a solution for this problem....i am also encountering it...
0 Kudos
Olivier_MOUGEL
New Contributor II
Hi,
I'd got the same problem but desactivating this ATI option solved it.
Thank you for this advice

Olivier MOUGEL
Gironde County
France
0 Kudos
GregHawker
New Contributor II

Hi,

I've upgraded to 10.2.2 and now have the same problem. What were the steps you took to fix this problem?

I also have a new PC. So I'm not sure if it is a software or a hardware fix.

Greg Hawker

New Zealand

0 Kudos
BrianKaplan
Occasional Contributor

Changing the ATI options fixed it for me and the instructions are here. http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/85840/why-are-character-marker-symbol-dialog-not-showing-up-i...

GregHawker
New Contributor II

Thank you.

Interestingly I had just deleted my normal.mxt for another reason the day before receiving your email and that did indeed fix that problem I had as well.

Cheers and regards

Greg Hawker

Geospatial Information Analyst

Information Services Unit

Otepoti \ Dunedin Office

Department of Conservation

DDI: +64 3 474 6914 | VPN: 5614

Conservation for prosperity Tiakina te taiao, kia puawai

www.doc.govt.nz<http://www.doc.govt.nz/>

0 Kudos
BrianKaplan
Occasional Contributor

Now I'm on a different computer at work with a different graphics card and the same issue with the Character Markers not showing up is happening.  I deleted the normal.mxt and that did not solve it. The solution for me on this NVIDIA QUADRO 4000 was to install the latest device driver (version 341.05

0 Kudos