ArcHydro/ApFramework Setup for ArcGIS 9.3

07-26-2010 12:44 PM
Labels (1)
ScottMcGrane
New Contributor
Hello all,

I'm having an absolute nightmare trying to set up and run ArcHydro - being rather "illiterate" when it comes to computational tasks, I'm going round in circles with something, which should probably be a lot easier:

I'm currently running Windows 7 on my home laptop and have ArcGIS Desktop 9.3 (ArcMap, ArcGlobe, ArcCatalog, ArcReader, ArcScene) installed. I have Microsoft .Net (version 4, as it's the only version Windows 7 will accept) installed also.

I have downloaded ArcHydro (1.3, the version which is compatible with 9.3), which comes as a ZIP file, including the ApFramework/Microsoft Parser XML installation (I have utterly no idea what this latter program is, but can see it must be relevant).

I follow the stages of installing these 3 programs - ApFramework first, followed by XML, followed by ArcHydro itself. It confirms all 3 programs install succesfully. Once I go into ArcMap, I can load the ArcHydro toolbar and view all of its functions. As soon as I try and select one of these functions however, it comes up saying:

"ApFramework not loaded; please load the ApFramework and try again".

Any help GREATLY appreciated, many thanks in advance!

Scott.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JulieCoco
New Contributor
Maybe you've found this solution by now.  Your setup is very similiar to mine.  However, I am running ArcGIS 9.3.1.  Regardless, you might not have to install the ApFramework or the XML Data Exchange.  It appears that, for your version of ArcGIS Desktop, ArcHydro might do it for you, as it did for my version.  Try just installing ArcHydro alone.  An installation wizard should check your computer for ApFramework and install it first, if not already loaded.
0 Kudos
JeffTang
New Contributor II
The best bet is to go here ftp://ftp.esri.com/ and look for the latest updates.

ApFramework has been integrated into the install of ArcHydrotools9.  Just need to make sure you uninstall the Water Utilities Application Framework and Arc Hydro Tools prior to installing the updated version.
0 Kudos