fmeuser

esriregasm.exe creates ecfg-file, but components are still written to registry

Discussion created by fmeuser on Jul 27, 2010
I developed several custom tools in ArcGIS Desktop 9.3.1 (Visual Studio 2005, Windows XP) and have migrated to ArcGIS 10 (Visual Studio 2010, Windows 7) with the help of the following topics:

Migrating ArcGIS 9.3 Desktop and Engine custom components to ArcGIS 10

and

How to deploy a custom component using a setup project

Everything is fine and the ecfg-file (C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcGIS\Desktop10.0\Configuration\CATID) is created, but the custom components are still registered in the registry (see attached file)

In ArcGIS 9.3.1 I created a regfile and imported it into the Setup Project (-> View -> Registry). When the component was uninstalled, the registry entries were removed.
In ArcGIS 10 I removed the regfile that was imported into the Setup Project and I removed the Installerclass and added the InvokeESRIRegAsm.dll as recommended.

I also changed the .NET Framework from 2.0 to 3.5 SP1, but when I unload the Project and view the vbproj-file there are still entries of older assemblies:

<Reference Include="ESRI.ArcGIS.Display, Version=9.2.3.1380, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fc3cc631e44ad86, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
      <SpecificVersion>False</SpecificVersion>
      <HintPath>..\..\..\..\..\..\..\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\ESRI.ArcGIS.Display\9.2.3.1380__8fc3cc631e44ad86\ESRI.ArcGIS.Display.dll</HintPath>
    </Reference>

I guessed there should be used version=10.0.0.0

I also added the following lines into the vbproj-file

<Target Name="BeforeClean">
    <Exec
      WorkingDirectory="$(CommonProgramFiles)\ArcGIS\bin"
      Command="esriRegasm.exe &quot;$(TargetPath)&quot; /p:Desktop /u /s"
      Condition="Exists('$(TargetPath)')"/>
  </Target>
  <Target Name="AfterBuild">
    <Exec
      WorkingDirectory="$(CommonProgramFiles)\ArcGIS\bin"
      Command="esriRegasm.exe &quot;$(TargetPath)&quot; /p:Desktop /s"/>
  </Target>

Why does the Setup Project still writes the components into the registry? I have no idea where this would happen.

Attachments

Outcomes